- How do I reserve an apartment?
On www.thebicycleapartments.com you’ll always find a button on the upper side where you can choose the dates of your travel and book an apartment of your choice. You’ll be able to make your reservation in 4 simple steps: 1) select your dates 2) select your rate 3) select the quantity of apartments you need 4) confirm with your credit card details.
- How will I receive confirmation of the reservation?
Once you’ve filled in all the required information you will see a confirmation message with your reservation number. As soon as we have charged the according amount on your credit card, you will receive a confirmation email with all the necessary details of the reservation and the exact address of the apartment. If you don’t receive the confirmation email (maybe you introduced a wrong e-mail address?), please, have a look at your spam folder, otherwise, please contact us as soon as possible.
- How can I cancel my reservation?
Non-refundable rate: not allowed.
Short stay rate: not allowed.
Standard rate: You can cancel your reservation until 15 days before your arrival with a penalty (the penalty is the pre-paid 10%). Please, send an e-mail (email@example.com) to let “The Bicycle Apartments” know that you would like to cancel your booking. If the remaining 90% of the total amount of your stay is not paid 15 days before your arrival, your booking will be cancelled automatically. After having paid the 100% of your stay, no refund will be made.
- Why do you need my credit card?
Right after receiving your booking request, we will charge you the according amount on your credit card, depending on the rate you chose.
At your arrival we need your credit card for the guarantee. Please, make sure that one of the persons, who will sleep at the apartment provides the credit card. We cannot accept any credit cards for the guarantee, if this person is not staying at “The Bicycle Apartments”.
- Is it safe to pay with my credit card via your webpage?
Yes, paying with your credit card via our web is absolutely safe. We use an Extended Validation Certificate of Geotrust to ensure that web transactions can be done with utmost confidence. We encrypt and secure your data, when it travels on the Internet. We use a 256 bits key and SSL technology to protect your data and your credit card details.
- How can I pay for my stay?
We accept the following credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, Union Pay, JC or American Express.
If you prefer to make a bank transfer for your reservation, please contact us at +34 603 868 498 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment must be made in Euros (€).
- Are there any extra costs?
The only extra cost is the city tax, which the city of Barcelona charges. You will have to pay 2,48 € per person per night up to a maximum of 7 nights at the check-in. Children under 16 are exempt from this tax.
- Why do you need my credit card for the guarantee?
“The Bicycle Apartments” pre-authorizes your credit card with 300 € when you check-in, to act as a safety deposit to guarantee that the apartment and its contents will be handed back in good condition. We only pre-authorize this amount, we don’t charge it. The safety deposit will be returned to your credit card after your check-out and after our cleaning department assures us that there has not been any damage to the apartment or its contents, or complaints from other clients or neighbours. Please, remember that when you accept our terms and conditions, you agree to the fact that any costs that arise from any damage caused by you or by any other of the occupants of your apartment will be deducted from the safety deposit. Notwithstanding what has been already said, when accepting our terms and conditions, you also accept that your responsibility for any damage caused to the apartment or its contents either by you or any other one of the occupants is not limited to the amount of the safety deposit but includes restitution for any damages caused even when the final amount exceeds the amount of the safety deposit.
- Do I have to tell you how many people will stay in the apartment?
Yes, we will ask you during the booking process how many people will be staying at the apartment. Only the number of people you have specified will be able to use it, and this will always be limited by the maximum sleeping capacity of each apartment. Infants also count as guests.
- How can I get from Barcelona airport to the apartment?
There are several options:
· Airport bus: look on the outside of the Terminal downstairs for the “Aerobus”. Take it until the 1st stop “Plaza España” and then come from there walking (8-10 min) to carrer de Gavà 32.
· City Bus Nr “46” from your Terminal to bus stop “Granvía – Mandoni” and then walk 4 minutes to carrer de Gavà 32.
· Train Renfe R2 to Sants Train Station (only use this option if you arrive at the low-cost Terminal 2) and then there are two options
- a) Metro Line 5 (blue) to “Plaça de Sants” and then walking down carrer del Guadiana and carrer d’Alpens until you reach carrer de Gavà.
- b) 15-20 minutes walking to carrer de Gavà 32 from the Train Station
· Taxi directly to your apartment:
- a) You can take one yourself from the taxi rank at Terminal 1 or Terminal 2. They charge by meter and it will cost you approximately 25-35 €. Always ask the driver for a receipt.
- b) You can ask us to arrange a van to come and pick you up. Once you’ve collected your luggage, you’ll meet the van driver holding your nameplate after the baggage claim area. To reserve your van, we need to know your flight number and arrival time. You can give us this information in the comments section of the booking form or by sending us an email to email@example.com.
· Subway Line 9: take it from the Airport and change either at “Torrassa” to Line 1 until Plaça de Sants or change at “Collblanc” to line 5 also until Plaça de Sants. From there you still have to walk about 4 minutes to Carrer de Gavá 32.
- What time is the earliest I can access the apartment?
Check-in to the apartment is from 3 p.m. until 9 p.m. Please, inform us about the approximate hour of your arrival in the comments section of the reservation form or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you arrive after 21.00, we will need further information in order to arrange your late check-in. If this is your case, please, contact at least 2 days before your arrival.
If you arrive earlier than 3 pm and the apartment is ready, of course you can access your apartment earlier.
- Where do I pick-up the apartment keys?
There are no keys, you will access your apartment with a number code.
- How late can I leave when I check-out?
The latest time for check-out is 11h. If you would like to check-out later and the apartment is available for that day, we charge a late check-out fee, so that you can use the apartment until 6 pm. You’ll always have to consult us beforehand.
- What do I do if I need any help during my stay?
You will have at your disposal an iPad mini connected 24 hours a day with our staff.
- Do I pay any special rates for children to stay?
No. The prices of all our apartments make no differentiation between the number of guests staying in them.
By using the comments section on the booking form or by sending an email to email@example.com, you can also ask us, at no extra charge, for the baby-kit, so your baby doesn’t miss the comforts of home: bath, towels, travel cot, sheets, toys and a high chair.
- What happens if I break something?
Please, call us as soon as possible and we will try to fix it or replace it, if necessary. During the check-in we ask for a 300 € guarantee in case you break anything. For more details click here: Booking conditions.
- When do you release the deposit?
If everything is in good condition after you have checked out of the apartment, we will release the guarantee in a maximum of 48 hours. Otherwise we will charge any loss or damage to your credit card.
What facilities do the apartments have?
Everything will be ready for you on arrival. All our apartments are equipped to include every last detail so that you can enjoy a comfortable, individual and relaxed stay. Here you find a detailed list of the equipment of your apartment: Terrace / Terrace L / Penthouse / Balcony L / Balcony / Balcony S / Duplex Patio / Duplex.
- Cleaning of the apartment
When you arrive, you will find your apartment spick and span. The final cleaning of the apartment is included in the price you pay. If you stay longer than 7 days, we change your sheets and towels after 7 days. If you would like us to clean the apartment or to change the sheets and/or towels more frequently, you will have to pay for this separately. Ask us for prices when you make your booking or when you arrive.
- Will I need an adapter for the plug sockets?
All our plug sockets are European. We have a plug adapter kit that you can use. Mention it to us during check-in and we will provide them.
- Are pets allowed?
We are very sorry, but pets are not allowed.
- Can I smoke in the apartment?
We are sorry, but smoking is not allowed in the apartment. Please respect this!
- What public transport options will I find near my apartment?
All our apartments are in walking distance of the following bus lines (D20, H12, H16, V5, 37, 46, 50, 65, 79, 91, 109, 115, 165) and the Metro / Underground / Subway (lines L3, L5: stop “Plaça de Sants”). In the apartment you will find a map of Barcelona’s public transport system at your disposal.
- Is there a car park available?
There is a car park close to the apartment, a 5-minute walk away.
If you book the car park, we will give you a chip card at your arrival, which you can use for going into and coming out of the car park.
Although the car park closes during nights (22.00 – 08.00), Sundays and public holidays, you will be able to enter and get out of it with your chip card.
- Can you recommend restaurants, shops and museums to visit?
At the check-in we will recommend our favourite spots and restaurants in Barcelona. You can also read our blog about the city on the iPad mini, which you will have at your disposal in the apartment.
- How do I rent a bike?
Since we believe that cycling the city is a great way to know it, we offer you several city-bikes and e-bikes to get around Barcelona. You can request them in the comments section of the booking form or by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.